Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Dreaming: Exploring
I know I am in the Alaskan rain forest, though it looks more like a rain forest in the tropics. I am sitting on a large boulder at the edge of a large pool. A young male tiger lays on a rock next to and below mine. I lean down to pet him, and although he is wild, I know he will not attack. Beautiful, lush, greenery spreads out behind my perch for miles and miles. The pool in front of me is crystal clear and light blue. A cliff rises up from the pool to my left, it's top leaning out over the water with a tall natural column of rock jutting up from the pool to meet the cliff's top, making a gorgeous tunnel filled with water from the pool. I am on the opposite bank of the pool than I was before, walking down a gentle, grass covered slope that leads out of the rain forest. I step down onto a wide cobbled side street in a place that resembles an Italian town. The stone under my feet is a light tan color and the buildings are mostly made of stone or bricks of varying shades of tan, light brown, and rusty browns. The roofs are made of baked clay shingles. I am a stranger in this land and I know no one, but I am not afraid. I look forward to the adventure of exploring this place and living a whole new life. I walk into a building and step down into a bustling mexican restaurant. I pass by people who look hispanic and indian by turns. Dark skin, dark hair. A handsome young man smiles at me as I pass by. I walk out into a narrow alleyway onto another cobbled street. The sun has almost set, making the tan street glow with the sun's evening warmth. I explore the town, walking past the people who live there and taking in the amazing architecture around me and reveling in the atmosphere of the place. When night falls, I am still walking around outside on the lit streets. I pass under a cobbled tunnel and notice I am being followed by a man. I feel uneasy at first, and I stop and half-turn to reveal that I know he is there, to confront him. Then I realize I know this person. He falls into step with me and we begin talking. The conversation flows easy and insignificant. Suddenly the man turns to me, takes my chin in his hand, and kisses me firmly and quickly on the mouth. He looks into my eyes with a slightly pained expression and says "So many words and nothing to say." He lets his hand drop from my face and rushes off into the night. I could follow him, but I have a boyfriend back where I am from. I smile and continue walking along the festively lit streets, happy that it happened even if nothing would come of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment