Monday, October 11, 2010

What I Learned from Cats

One day I had an epiphany about the way I treat cats in relation to the way I should treat people.  Here is that revelation:


I am a cat person and have been for as long as I remember.  I instantly love a cat whenever I see it.  I don't have to know it's name or it's background.  I will love a cat I just met completely and unconditionally-regardless of appearance, age, or circumstance.  I care about that cat's well-being and I sincerely hope and worry about its safety and happiness. 


I will forgive a cat fully and instantly, no matter the situation.  I can be scratched by a cat until my arms are torn up and bleeding but I will still love it and forgive it.  I never stop caring for a cat because it has been cruel to me.


This is the way I need to treat people.  Just like the Bible teaches Christians to do, I need to love, help, and forgive others like I do cats.  I should follow this rule regardless of whether the person is a stranger, an enemy, or a close friend. 


The world is full of cats and, after all, I always wanted to be a cat-lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment