Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blogging as a Blog

I don't write in my blog very often and I don't keep up with a diary.  This seems an odd thing for a serious English major: not to write much outside of class.  Writing by hand is too slow for me, but I like typing and a blog gives me the sense of being published, even though anyone can do it and probably no one actually reads this.  My creative writing professor stressed keeping a journal and writing in it every day.  Regardless of the quality of your writing or whether or not it will ever see the light of day outside of your journal isn't important.  The process of writing every day helps with discipline, practice, and the creative process.  I know this, but I'm negligent, so I'm going to try to write here every day with something or another.  I guess it's time to try my hand at using my blog as an actual blog.  This should be fun and I'm looking forward to the journey!  I hope I actually follow through with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment