Sunday, May 15, 2011
Spending Time, Spending Money
I always feel guilty for being mad at someone or thinking bad things about someone if they spend money on me. I think a bad thought and then feel bad when I remember that they just took me out to dinner or they just bought me a present. This is an unhealthy way to value a person. No amount of money or presents can make up for being a jerk. I would rather someone be nice to me and spend time with me than be mean and spend money on me. Generosity is a good thing but it only means something when coupled with genuine kindness. In short, I should stop feeling bad about disliking a person even if they do nice things for me. Money truly can't buy happiness and it doesn't make up for rudeness or coldness by itself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment